Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Denmark Patriot

By Curt

In the winter of 1944-45 I was asked to be a look-out for a group who would blow up the rail road track near Randers at a bridge over the river Gudenaa. I can whistle loudly through my teeth, so I was to blow the whistle if a German patrol should come along, and so as it happened I did the whistle thing to warn my fellow saboteurs. The sabotage was successful, but I got caught by a German patrol and was shown some gruesome tortures of people in order to make me talk, but I told them I was stopped because I had a flat tire on my bike, which I did, and eventually they let me go. I was also involved with the castration of a German soldier who had raped a Danish Girl.

note to reader from Conley: This is a very short portion of an actual event from a much longer article that Curt wrote for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment