Sunday, December 7, 2014

FHTV/RV - Tell Me A Story - 7

Has been associated with the park for four years.

When my husband and I were stationed oversees with the United States Army I use to write my family at least once a week to let them know how we were doing.  I also took the opportunity to describe certain things, places, and events that occurred.  I thought they might be interested because the Asian culture we lived in and around was far different from Midwest America where we came from.  I was very excited to keep the family informed and took great pride in doing so.

Our tour in Southeast Asia eventually ended and we rotated back to the U.S.  On leave we visited our parents and one afternoon a member of the family got out the letters I wrote and began reading them out loud.  Everyone sitting around the family circle got a big laugh at my poor spelling and misuse of words.  I was humiliated and hurt at their insensitivity and waht I thought at the time cruelty.  I took the letters home and burned them all.

I wish now I had not.  However even though time heals all hurts it still stings a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment