Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Deutschland Diary 3


Tuesday 11th September 2300 hours, 1984

I have been asleep for 2 ½.  It is cold and windy.  I hope it does not rain.  The day has been long and for the most part boring.  I worry a lot about not performing well.  I also worry about you all at home.  I know you can all take care of yourselves, but I worry.  I worry most I guess about you all missing me.  I worry about all the times I could have done things with you and didn’t.

It is the strangest feeling to know that the Russians have 30 Divisions of soldiers less than the distance between KC and St. Louis.  I don’t really worry about them attacking or anything, it just seems strange.

On Monday on our way to K-Town we saw from the distance the ruins of an old castle and then stopped at a gas station.  That is the only experience I have really had with Germany.  I hope I can call Saturday.  Love

1 comment:

  1. It was disconcerting knowing the roads and bridges built in German at that time had demolition chambers that were to be filled with explosives and blown in case of an attack.

    ReplyDelete