Friday, October 28, 2011

North in Alaska - At the Cabin

It took us about 4 hours to make it to the cabin. It is sort of a nice looking place, just like I pictured it to be.  The men unloaded the gear from the sleds and the women helped put the canned and dry good away and filled up the smoke house which was a pleasant surprise. 

Before they all waved good by and left us alone they did make sure that the boat, generator and four wheeler was working and that we had plenty of gas to run all of them for what they estimated would be about two weeks.   They assured me that they would be back with more sooner than that.  They also left me a rifle with a box of ammunition "just in case" they said.

Tomorrow I will take the four wheeler and start my visitations.  This ought to be interesting.  I guess the map is accurate.  If you don't hear from me for several days you will know it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment