Tuesday, November 25, 2014

FHTV/RV Tell Me A Story - 4

Has been in the park for 18 years


I always wanted to be a farmer.  I took all the necessary courses to be come one so when I got out of the army I went to the local banker and he told me, "I have known your family for years and I have no doubt you would be a good risk, however as a friend I want you to know that I have been in this business for a long time and we are going to have several bad crop years.  Don;t borrow the money just yet."

He had always been a trusted advisor so I decided I would go into industrial electronics like I had been trained for in the army.  The banker was correct, the next several yeas saw Kentucky crop prices plummet.  I was making good money and so I decided to stick with what I was doing.

I spent the rest of my working career in the field and became very familiar with complicated circuitry from the smallest to the largest of machines.  I spent 10 years with IBM, 8 as a technician in a hospital and counting start up and construction jobs worked for 33 different companies.

I also became a hypnotherapist and participated in Toast Masters International where my strength was extemporaneous speaking.

I look at old pictures of me back in Kentucky and wonder how I got to be where I am.  Part of it might have been that every day I went to work I looked on it as going to school where I was going to learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment