Monday, November 24, 2014

FHTV/RV Tell Me A Story - 3

Has lived in the park 9 years


My husband always wanted a black pick-up truck.  One Christmas I discovered we had a little more money in the kitty than I had thought so I decided if I could get a truck for him.

I went to a car dealership and accidentally walked on to the used car lot instead of where they had parked the newer vehicles.   There right before my eyes sat a big black pick-up truck with new chrome wheels and pin stripes.  The sales man and I made a deal on the price but I told him that I did not want it until Christmas eve day.  The dealer said that would not be a problem.

While my husband was at work the truck was delivered and put in the garage.  When he came home from work I asked him to get the turkey out of the freezer in the garage.

We he opened the door there sat his truck with a big Christmas Bow on top.

We were expecting company for Christmas dinner but decided we ought to go for a ride.  We were gone a couple of hours and when we returned I realized I had not turned on the stove for the turkey to cook.

I was lucky because our friends were late and we all had a very nice Christmas dinner and then we all went for a ride in the black pick-up truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment