Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Deutschland Diary 6

Monday 17

The "war" has been delayed for 24 hours because of the mud.  It is raining and cold.  It would be very pleasant if we were normal tourist, dry, worm, and able to eat normal food.  It is a very boring experience so far.  The anxiety is gone and now it is a matter of marking time. 

In Ellensberg there is a flax tower close to us.  That is where they sat up anti aircraft guns during WW II.  Now it has been converted to a water tower.

I miss you all and the U.S. more than I did anyway.  I'll be glad when this is over.

Wed 19

Yesterday was dull.  I only pulled my 12 hour shift and then went to bed.  This morning I got a ride into town with Oliver, one of the Polizie who accompanies us so we don't screw up traffic.  I went to the rest room and a small grocery store.  Mailed some cards, called home.  It was nice to talk to you all, wish Darren and Meghan had been awake.  I will call again Saturday.

We move again tonight some place north.

I have met many people here but I am not really friends with any of them.  I have made what I think are close friends with the two German Polizie  Oliver and Roth.  Roth is a heavy set blond guy who has a crooked nose.  Oliver is then and has a beard.  He has an extra long finger nail on his little fingers and wares a earring while not on duty.  Both of them have eyes on the black female troops.

While waiting for the phone the other day I met another German couple who new some English.  They are eager to talk to us.  I am beginning to feel like I am in Germany finally.  love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment