Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remembrance

From Bob Brown per my request - Conley


Strangely enough I found my military stuff and the clerk's name was Bessie Crose until 1970 when she married and became Bessie Chitwood. A real "sweetheart"  to say the least.

This is not much about collecting things for WWII and I didn't know about this at all until my late brother (Newton Brown) contributed this piece for my mom's memorial service. His son (my nephew) wrote it down and we included it so it isn't really much and I don't know any more than what is here -between the asterisks - I imagine lots of families did the same thing:
*****************************
Oldest son Newton well remembers "Den Mother Margaret" baking cookies for her young charges and how they spent many hours over an old table doing various craft projects to keep little minds occupied. During World War II, Margaret could be found with Newton going up and down the streets of Fairmount, pulling a little wagon, collecting cans, bacon grease and other materials for use in the War Effort. They would obtain feedsacks from a local store to make shirts, towels and other things that could be useful at home.
*******************************
""Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
***********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment